The City Hall of the 8th arrondissement of Paris presents a retrospective of the artist-pioneer of ecological activist painting, Nicole King, in connection with the theme of water and oceans.
The beautiful Hôtel Cail, now the Town Hall of the 8th arrondissement, will offer Nicole King, an interdisciplinary artist at the crossroads of art, ecological activism and science, its large 200 m2 room to exhibit a hundred paintings.
As a painter and ecological engineer, Nicole King has chosen to serve the ecological cause by creating a body of images that reflect the scope of the challenges of the Anthropocene. She has carried out numerous international missions as an environmental engineer in oil production, and then as an expert in water resources and pollution at WWF International.
For nearly thirty years, she has turned to painting, without forgetting her past as a scientist. Her desire to transmit will be taken into account by actions with schoolchildren also planned by the city hall and the conference of January 19.
- Exhibition: from January 10 to 21, 2023, from 10 am to 5 pm, Thursday night until 7 pm, Saturday 10 am to 12 pm
- Opening: January 10th at 7pm, with the presence of Christian Noorbergen
- Videoconference “Protecting the oceans, a journey between art and science”: January 19 at 7 pm via zoom
- Walking tour/meeting will be led by Nicole on Friday, January 20 at 3:30 pm
- Address: Exhibition hall of the 8th district town hall: 3, rue de Lisbonne – 75008
Days of presence of the artist at the City Hall of the 8th :
- Wednesday January 11 from 1:30 pm to 5 pm
- Thursday January 12 from 1:30 pm to 7 pm
- Saturday January 14 from 10am to 12pm
- Monday January 16 from 1:30 pm to 5 pm
- Wednesday, January 18th from 1:30 pm to 5 pm
- Thursday, January 19 from 4:30 pm to 7 pm (videoconference “Protecting the oceans, a journey between art and science” from 7 pm via Zoom)
- Friday, January 20 from 1:30 pm to 5 pm
- Saturday January 21 from 10am to 12pm
A video was made during the opening of the exhibition.